Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Comedy can be funny

Comedy Central has made some head-scratching moves lately, like renewing "Li'l Bush" - I can see renewing "Mind of Mencia," which they also did, because I guess there's people out there that like it - but "Li'l Bush"? Is there really another season worth of material out there? Isn't he going to be out of office soon? Wasn't this show a better idea like, seven years ago, when they did have a Bush-themed show that was pretty funny? They also canceled "The Showbiz Show," which I don't really care about and wouldn't have been such a big deal if not compounded with this other news (I would take a million "Showbiz Show"s over one frame of "MoM"). I also fear that the "Michael Ian Black Doesn't Understand" project might be DOA; I haven't heard anything about it in months.

But, Wednesday nights, it's all good, because tonight "South Park" and "The Sarah Silverman Program" are back with new episodes (props to CC for not putting new South Parks with the execrable fellow animated series "Drawn Together"). I've seen a lot of Sarah Silverman the past 24 hours, on Letterman last night, "The View" this morning (I watched it only because I knew she'd be on - honest!) and I even heard her sniffing Richard Christy's balls on Howard Stern today. Hopefully I won't be too sick of her saying naughty things while talking in a little girl voice by the time her show comes on.

No comments: