Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Digital divide

So, all the buzz from the 114th "SNL" season premiere was about the Kanye West sketch, which indeed was hilarious, but this was the highlight for me - the 1-second Jake Gyllenhaal cameo merely being the icing on an uproarious cake. Of note: This sketch was posted on YouTube by NBC themselves this weekend, but was taken down by the network - weird, perhaps there's some sort of "Dear Sister"-esque controversy behind it I'm not aware of.



I thought there was actually plenty of funny stuff in this episode - Will Forte saying "The Black ET" repeatedly, the sketch where Bill Hader says "JEFF!" and "I get it" to Jason Sudeikis, the return of Penelope, the mildly funny HSM3 sketch - could be worse. I really like Samberg, Hader and Sudeikis, and hope they continue to, you know, be funny (and be in quality summer movies).

UPDATE: Yes, there is some sort of controversy, involving an uncleared Aphex Twin sample used in the sketch. Bummer.

1 comment:

Kim said...

I enjoy Bill Hader yelling "JEEEEEEEEFF!" far more than I really should.