Thursday, September 07, 2006

Celebrity Boo-ets


What a ringer, right? Not only has the youngest and culture-iest "Queer Eye" Jai Rodriguez made a career out of being better at everything than other people (although honestly, he really is the most redundant of the quintet - what does he do, anyway? Suggest music for the dude to play in the background of a meal? It's been since 2004 since I've seen an episode...which should put me right in line with the rest of America), he's also been a part of "Rent" on Broadway in the role of "Angel," which I've been told is not a noble vampire with a soul, but rather an HIV-positive drag queen. Sigh, so close.

Anyway, sure he's a lovable guy, but it's not that much fun to watch someone on a show like "Celebrity Duets" that's so much better than anyone else - of course, I disagreed with the same complaints people had about Stacy Keibler on last season's "Dancing with the Stars," and she ended up coming in third, so I'm not totally sure what my point is. Other than go Carlton. And Stacy Keibler is hot.

Speaking of attractive females, I would be remiss if I didn't mention how fetching Lea Thompson is looking these days, even when standing next to notorious superhunk Michael Bolton. Not bad for someone old enough to be Alex P. Keaton's mother. I'm starting to see what Howard the Duck saw in her. And also Malcolm Gets. The impressive singing talent of Lucy Lawless isn't that surprising, though, given her superior Cylon programming.

The one big time "jeer" (get it, like that column in TV Guide) I have to give Celebrity Duet is for judge David Foster - more like Jerk Foster, am I right? Simon Cowell at least is witty, or at least kind of, when he's dissing someone, and he's only shouting down the irritating Paula Abdul, not adorably incoherent music legend Little Richard.

No comments: