Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Live through this

Horatio Sanz, Chris Parnell and Finesse Mitchell are all out of this season's "Saturday Night Live." I can totally live with these choices - Sanz never had much to do without Jimmy Fallon to crack up in sketches with, and recurring characters like "I'm Carol!" is the kind of stuff Judd Hirsch was bashing at the beginning of "Studio 60." The only really memorable character he had was the guy that drew dirty pictures on Weekend Update, but he hasn't done that in at least 5 years and I almost forgot about it so it couldn't have been that memorable.

Parnell was already fired once and is only sporadically funny, and as much as "Lazy Sunday" might have propelled him a few more years, it's probably time to move on. And the only person I know who dug "Merv the Perv" is my brother who can always be counted on to quote it inappropriately (hint: any time is inappropriate).

Finesse Mitchell was in maybe four sketches total his three seasons.

Kenan Thompson sticking around, despite rumors, is a godsend; who would have guessed I'd be saying that about the co-star of "Good Burger"?

But Dane Cook hosting again? The season premiere? Blech.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Everybody chug wang tonight!

Anonymous said...

I'm starring in my own production of "Ma'am, yank me."

Anonymous said...

living and laughing and loving with yours truly Merv the Perv.

Albert said...

It's living and laughing and learning.