Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Animated conversation

Wowzers, not only did we get the latest (and I think maybe funniest, but I'm a fan of those "go nowhere" type of gags) Tek Jansen adventure, we also got a special appearance from "George L." It was weird to hear Lucas kind of dis "Episode One," and I don't follow these kinds of things that closely, but from my recollection it was the first time he's ever even joked about something he's done not being totally awesome and great (even things like this). The Colbert/Jar-Jar interaction was priceless. I smell buddy movie. Colbert's the renegade cop, Jar-Jar is a local bookstore owner corresponding with him through email. I'm not good at casting. Or writing screenplays.

Here are the videos
. It's odd that one of the funniest episodes of the "Report" ever had nearly no political content.

Speaking of hilariously crudely animated shows-within-shows, which we were way back in the beginning of that last paragraph, they're going to be doing "Pale Force" webisodes. If you haven't seen the clips on "Late Night," check 'em out here.

Speaking of animation on Comedy Central, which we've kind of been doing, after two "Freak Show"...shows, it's not as bad as it looked like it could have been from the promos, but it still wasn't as hilarious as you'd hope given the names involved. Yet, it was also funnier than anything called "Freak Show" has the right to be and a notch above the say, "Clone High"s of the world. So it's really quite a paradox! I give it a billion stars (out of 2.7 billion). I would be a gold durned liar if I said that it's not still special every time I hear the pleasing sounds of H. Jon Benjamin's voice, and all the various iterations thereof.

"South Park" remains funny, as someone who has known people who have crossed state lines to be with significant others that they met on "World of Warcraft," last week's episode was especially poignant. "Drawn Together" remains one of the worst things ever. I sort of want to join a crazy right wing group just to get it thrown off air. Who's with me?

No comments: