Monday, October 09, 2006

Channel Surfing for Tuesday, October 10

So I was busy doing an interview and also watching what turned out to be a rather mediocre pro wrestling special, so I still need to watch "How I Met Your Mother," "Heroes" and "Studio 60." I'll probably only get to the first one before bed. I am an old person. I did see most of "The Class," the first of it I've seen since the premiere, and it's still pretty unremarkable. Today was also the first night of The CW's comedy lineup being on Monday, which is absolutely the right move. No need to bury one of their only buzz shows like "Everybody Hates Chris" at 6 p.m. Sunday nights.

And doesn't Jerry Lewis look like a werewolf of some kind here? Now that would be a must-see episode.

Law & Order: SVU
9 p.m., NBC

Comedy and telethon legend Jerry Lewis guest stars in the kind of role an actor craves ­- a senile homeless man suspected of brutal double rape and murder. He's also Munch's (Richard Belzer) uncle.

The rest - "Veronica Mars"! "Nip/Tuck"! The absurdly-premised "Scream Awards" (honoring horror, sci-fi, fantasy and comic books...yeah, since they're all the same. although I do love the idea of some of my favorite comic book creators showing up at a red carpet)! Read it here.

For those - like Entertainment Weekly - left a bit cold by the V-Mars season premiere, I'm thinking this episode is more your speed. But I also thought the season premiere was good, so who knows. It had Shawn from "Boy Meets World" acting evil, though, and that doesn't get old.

No comments: